Your Dayton Ohio home inspector, Tony Burk, enjoys to share with you his wealth of resources for home maintenance and improvement.
Small lawns have many of the same needs and issues as larger lawns, but they don’t always require the same bulky tools to get the job done. A smart arsenal for small lawn care includes some sturdy hand tools and a few small, but powerful, gadgets. If you’re looking to outfit your arsenal, consider these tools.
* Easy thatch dispatchers – Thatch is a natural protective layer of debris that forms in lawns at the soil level and helps retain soil moisture. But when thatch gets too thick, matting to half an inch deep or more, it can prevent water, air and nutrients from reaching grass roots. Thatch removal tools slice through and lift thatch. The push-powered, wheeled Combisystem Vertical Cutter by Gardena removes matted thatch and aerates the lawn soil at the same time. For those who prefer manual raking, there’s the sharp-bladed True Temper Thatch Rake.
* Lawn care at the flip of a switch – Small lawns need fertilizer and treatment for weeds just like large lawns. But a large awkward push spreader can be overkill for a small lawn and take up valuable storage space in the garage. The new lightweight, hand-carried, battery-powered Ready2Go Spreader is specifically designed to make quick work of small lawns, slopes and tight spaces. It comes pre-loaded with popular lawn care products from Preen, GreenView and Vigoro. Each unit is pre-calibrated for its product so no further adjustments are ever needed. To use the spreader, just pick it up, flip the switch and walk to cover up to 2,500 square feet to fertilize or treat the lawn. To spiff up yards overrun with weeds including tough dandelions, try the Ready2Go Spreader with Preen Lawn Weed Control. For eco-friendly spring lawn feeding, the Ready2Go Spreader with GreenView Lawn Food offers quick green up plus controlled nutrient release over eight weeks. Each unit is refillable, reusable, and its pre-installed AA batteries are replaceable. After use, store the compact, portable tool on a shelf, with no space lost in the garage or shed.
* Water the lawn, not the living room – For a lawn, water ranks with sunlight in terms of importance. For a small lawn, often nestled up close to the house and open summer windows, putting water only where it’s wanted is desirable. The Dramm Colorstorm 9-Pattern Turret Sprinkler has adjustable directional sprays in nine different patterns to water small lawns evenly. Durable and efficient, it gives the lawn the good, deep soaking it needs, while leaving the living room curtains dry and blowing in the summer breeze.
* Keep the lawn in fighting trim – Mowing a lawn regularly is more than aesthetic: keeping grass at the right length, between two-to-four inches, helps grass develop strong roots. The Black and Decker 19-inch cordless electric mulching mower is designed for small lawns. It not only makes it easy to keep the lawn mowed to the correct height, it chops up clippings so they decompose easily, discouraging thatch buildup.
* Give a small lawn an edge – By their nature, small lawns are often viewed up close and personal. Edged lawns not only look nice, they help keep garden weeds out of the lawn and vice versa. But edging by hand is hard work. The GreenWorks 12 Amp Corded Edger is sturdy, lightweight, easy to maneuver and ideally suited to creating crisp tidy edges in turf along borders of walkways, driveways, paths and garden or landscape beds. With only a connecting cord of its own, attach the edger to the grounded outdoor-rated extension cord of choice, up to 50-feet. For those who prefer a manual edging solution, choose an edging tool with a sturdy handle and a strong hand-forged cutting edge such as the English-made Clarington Edging Knife.
These are tools that get the job done and done quickly, keeping small lawns trim, tidy and naturally strengthened to fend off weeds. They’re also compact and easy to store and keep until next needed, a boon where storage spaces are also smaller with no room to spare. For more small lawn maintenance and improvement tips on choosing the right tools for an easy job, get the help of Dayton Home Inspection.
Accutech Home Inspections LLC provides the greater Dayton Ohio area with inspection services using with the knowledge and experience gained from inspecting thousands of homes throughout southwestern Ohio. We were the first in Dayton to also use an Infrared Thermography camera as part of every home inspection. We are a Level 1 SIRC Thermographer. We help clients by informing them to the conditions of the house which may include hidden problems. Accutech Home Inspections LLC is a trusted Home Inspection company that provides WDI inspections, chimney inspections, well quality and quantity testing, Radon testing, and are CRMI and CCMI certifed for mold and indoor air quality testing. Choosing the right home inspector can be almost as important as choosing the right home. Why? Because many homes – even new ones – have defects that you may not notice. A skilled Home Inspection Professional such as Accutech Home Inspections LLC has the training and experience needed to look for visual signs of defects in your new home. These defects, if not detected and repaired prior to closing, can cost you, the new homeowner, thousands of dollars in repair bills. It is very important to know the true condition of the house, so you can determine its true value to you. I will not make the buying decision for you, but the inspection can provide you with the information needed to make the decision wisely. You will want to know: How many problems? How serious are the problems? What will it cost to correct them? and do I absolutely need to correct the problems or can I live with them?
To Get The Most Comprehensive Home Inspection In the Dayton Area, Give Us A Call Today (937) 490-9154 or Click Here To Schedule Online Now!
Your Premier Dayton Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced home inspector help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Dayton Home Inspection Services will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Dayton City area, we can help!
Owned and operated by home inspector and mold inspection specialist, AccuTech Home Inspection, Tony Burk prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers.