A few small maintenance jobs can keep you free of expensive refrigerator repair bills. These jobs take no more than five minutes each, but can save you a lot of time and money. Complete them twice a year for best results, but, the more often you do them, the better. Add these to yourrefrigerator maintenance checklist:
• Clean the condenser coils.
• Clean the condenser fan.
• Clean the seal around the door monthly from sticky food residue and crumbs.
• Clear the freezer vents of ice, crumbs, twist ties or any other debris.
• Adjust temperature control settings to the middle. This will extend the life of your refrigerator and reduce your energy bills.
• Clean the drip openings where all of the defrosted water ends up.
If you don’t know where any of these important structures are in your model, look in your owner’s manual or do a Google search for your owner’s manual online.