Have you ever touched a metal object plugged in in your home and receive a shock? If you have, this is a sign that your electrical system has a problem. More specifically, this is anindication of an ungrounded electrical system. There is a very serious increased risk for shock any time you have a system that isn’t grounded properly.
Fixtures that might be involved include:
- Ceiling fans
- Water lines
- Furnace ductwork
Now, when it comes to shocks, be careful not to mistake a static electricity pop for a shock. There is nothing to worry about with a little static jolt. Static electricity isn’t something dangerous and is not a hazard. Electrical shocks, on the other hand, are worrisome and more serious. They require an experienced electrician’s help.